@ The Center for Arts and Learning
46 Barre Street
Montpelier, VT 05602
River Rock School is a progressive, independent, state-recognized day school for children ages 5-14 in Montpelier, Vermont. We offer hand-crafted education in a multi-aged setting, creating a caring learning environment based on respect for each individual.
Our low student/teacher ratio lets students learn in a style and pace that is best for them. Our individualized curriculum is built from the emerging interests of each and every student, addressing essential academic components as they naturally arise through projects and thematic exploration.
At River Rock we educate and foster the growth of all aspects of being human — intellectual, emotional, social, physical, spiritual, and creative.
Summer Camp at River Rock — Now Enrolling!
Make your child's summer one to remember with day camp at River Rock! Click for full information and registration forms for these amazing, amusing camps that celebrate children's creativity.
- Games Unplugged! with Ben Matchstick, ages 9-14, June 19-23
- Lego Camp session I with Ellis Jacobson, ages 7-11, June 26-30
- Lego Camp session II with Ellis Jacobson, ages 7-11, July 10-14
Come Get to Know River Rock!
Come learn more about River Rock School! Join us to discover our program, meet our teachers, and talk to other parents whose children attend the school. We look forward to meeting you at any of these upcoming events:
- Saturday, April 1, 10 AM - noon: Maker Morning. Prospective students ages 5-14 can enjoy a morning of creative exploration.
- Saturday, April 29, 10 AM - noon: Come and Play Morning. We'll be welcoming prospective students ages 5-8 and their families for a fun morning getting to know our school.
- Wednesday, May 3: Parent Information Night. Join us to discuss our program with teachers, staff, and current River Rock parents.